Monday, September 19, 2011

Great Idea

So here is my great idea----

I am going to put together a "checklist" of great ideas I want to implement when I begin teaching.

Here is a start to the list:


  • Rules created in an animation - like xtranormal.com to get my kids excited and show how cool I am.
  • Do a learning profile on my students during 1st week of classes - so I will know how they learn. Tell students how my learning style is and take it with them so they learn some about me.
  • Use Warm-Up's and Exit tickets each day to gauge prior knowledge & post assessments. An idea given in class today was to do it like this: "3 things I learned today, 2 things I contributed to class, 1 Question I still have about the topic", then at the bottom have them select the portion of this sentence that applies to them, "I did/did not give 100% today." and then have them sign it.
  • Use a paragraph writing tool of a hand with the 5 W's & How on the palm.
  • Create a poster explaining, "How to turn in an Assignment", So I am not repeating myself a hundred times.

So those are just a few things I thought of...
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment