Thursday, January 12, 2012

Preparing - 2 days to go

So, I am still preparing prior to starting my teaching residency.

These are the things I have finished...

  • Introduction Powerpoint. I created an introduction powerpoint that has a quick overview of me, my expectations, and some additional procedures: Fist-To-Five, Shoulder Buddies, and Think-Pair-Share.
  • Bio-Poem (first assignment) is completely done. I have copied all my copies. I have created the screen cast & added a powerpoint presentation to go with it. Totally Finished ready to teach!
  • Lost & Found Flyer (second assignment) is mostly done. I have copied all my copies. I have created a screen cast. I just need to create a powerpoint presentation to go with it.
  • Post Card (third assignment)  & R U Smarter Game (fourth assignment) is mostly done. The Assignment sheets and rubrics are created, they just need printed and copied. The screen casts needs created still, as well as a powerpoint presentation to go with it.
These four assignments will get me through to the 7th of February. 

I am going to a conference on the 3rd & 4th of February - it is the ASD CTE Conference. I am also going to the ASTE annual conference on the 25th & 26th of February. I am really excited to go learn about new and exciting programs and teaching methods.

I am working really hard on getting to know students names as well as their skill levels and personalities. I have  been greeting students at the door on a daily basis, and have been a T.A. in the class since it started, everyday. I have been watching my mentor and the way she teaches and the relationships she is building with her students. I hope to be as competent in my teaching as she has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment