Tuesday, August 16, 2011

08/15/11 : Day before kids show up

So today we did 7 mandatory district trainings as an entire school. Several were very information, however since I have been a business owner I have a knowledge of most of the information, and most of the information is common sense. The districts thought process is that several people don't have common sense!!! They were good review however.

Once I got back into the classroom with my mentor, we went over the plans for her first day of class, and over a tenative schedule for the entire semester - my mentor has the lesson plans for the entire semester already created, and knows which one to do when and everything; we also reset up the smartboard and connected it to a laptop - as the teacher's computer was more than 25 feet from it and the distance created a lag in the presentation.

Then for the last two hours I got the privilege to hook up the entire computer lab by myself. It was a great experience, arranging the lab around the room, and hooking them up to the internet and making sure the network worked. It was tiring, hot, and slightly exhausting moving computers, tables, and chairs around - but it was well worth knowing that my mentor and the IT guys believed in me enough to allow me to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment