Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Second Day of Classes

Went to my second day of Fall classes for my Master's today! It was fun.  The classes today were: EDSE A637 (my first special ed class) & EDSY A644 (my first elive session).

EDSE A637:

Met a professor in the program that I had never met before. Amita is very brilliant. She has a background in the medical field, she has been around the world, and has a great English accent (british).  She seems very knowledgable in disabilities.

Really enjoyed everyones stories about their knowledge/experiences - I had a hard time trying not to cry when I discussed my experiences, especially my son, Parker, who had 4 siezures in one day which totally changed his personality, as well as the medications he was on were hard to determine quantity - so when he was on a too large dose he acted comatose, but when he wasn't on a large enough dose it caused him to be agressive. So finding the right dose was crazy.

My reflection paper is going to be on learned behaviors vs. actual disabilities - because I have a nephew who because he see's his older siblings doing the activities of their disabilities, he thinks that is the norm, and so now he acts like he has the disability, however he doesn't.

EDSY A644:

This class is my Community of Learners class with Janet Steinhauser (Love her as a teacher!!) This class was my first eLive class!!! Very interesting. I found it very hard to take notes - which could pose a problem in later classes. However I did like that we could text in our comments instead of voicing it. Discussed our two week observations, I have attached a link to my two week observation it is at:


http://www.box.net/shared/z840kduo00mshd964xqy

 Overall, I think it is going to be an intense class but useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment