Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten & 1st Grade Interviews

So, today I only spent half a day in the classroom, because my two little guys had interviews with their new teachers. Ryan, age 5 is starting Kindergarten, and has Mrs. Stout @ Susitna Elementary, and Parker, age 6 is in Mrs. Marx first grade class. Both of their teachers have student interns in them, it was interesting to get a view of interning @ the elementary level from them.

While @ Romig, my mentor did something that was really neat. As teachers, we have the ability to remote into our students computers, take over, and show them how to do things. It was really interesting to actually see this in action, as I have known about the program for years but have never used it for other than spying on my employees. We were teaching the Business Technology 7 class to create a folder on desktop, as well as to create a shortcut for Microsoft Word, as well as starting a letter from student to teacher about "What they knew about Computers!!!" Anyway she remote took over their screens, showed them what to do twice, then gave them free reign to do it, as we walked around the room and checked.  We also worked on a program that taught typing, it was really interesting to see the kids work on it - I thought I should try it sometime - see how fast I really am.

Anyway, a good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment